This introductory emergency medical course is intended for individuals without prior medical experience to treat wounds that are common in defensive encounters. Through both lecture and scenario-based training, students will gain the knowledge and confidence to be able to react to, assess, and treat gun shot wounds, stabbing, and other life threatening injuries.
During this class we will introduce and explore:
• Physiological Response to Combat & Stress
• Basic Anatomy and Location of Major Arteries
• Identifying and Treating the Different Types of Bleeding
• Moving an injured body with Litter, Drags and Carries
• Treating a Compromised Airway
• Treating Gun Shot and Knife Wounds
• Hemostatic Agents and Wound packing
• Constructing your Personal IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit)
Upon completion of the course participants will:
• Understand the immediate steps for hemorrhage control
• Demonstrate the appropriate application of a tourniquet to the arm and leg.
• Describe the progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage.
• Describe appropriate airway control techniques and devices.
• Demonstrate the correct application of a topical hemostatic dressing (combat
• Recognize the tactically relevant indicators of shock.
Note taking material
water and sac lunch
Course Cost $175
Lead Instructor BIO:
Crecencio “VAL” Valenzuela is the founder of and current Lead instructor for Spent Brass Training Solutions, LLC. Val is currently a NAEMT Affiliate Faculty member, Course coordinator and Instructor for Tactical Combat Casualty care in California. As a former High Threat Security Contractor for an exceedingly reputable Private Security Company in Iraq, Val has provided Close Protection (CP) as a Personal Security Detail (PSD) member, and also the team medic as he holds a National Registry for Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and U.S. Army Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC).
Val has been a Lead Tactics and Weapons instructor to not only other PSD teammates and teams, but to Expats and Third Country Nationals of the host country’s nation as well. A combat veteran with the U.S. Army Infantry (1st AD & 3rd ID), Chris served 5 and half years with multiple combat and NATO tours to include Macedonia, Kosovo and Iraq. While on active duty in the Infantry as a fire team leader, Val was a weapons and tactics instructor at the company level. Val also has time spent as a civilian military weapons and tactics based instructor for Federal, State and Local entities. Current Staff Instructor for Covered6 and Suarez International Inc., Affiliate Staff instructor for Phokus Research Group and ZERT.
Val’s firearms certifications include:
National Rifle Association (NRA) Law Enforcement Handgun & Shotgun
Department of State Basic Field Firearms Officers Course (BFFOC)
United States Navy Small Arms Marksmanship Instructor (SAMI)
Suarez Combat Arms Instructor School
Val’s other certifications include:
Department of State for World Wide Personal Protective Services II (WWPPS)
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
International Trauma Life Support (ITLS)
US Army Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC)
NAEMT Affiliate Faculty – Tactical Combat Casualty Care
NAEMT TCCC/TECC – Instructor
Combat Life Saver (CLS) American Red Cross First Aid/CPR&AED Instructor