Facebook event page
TheatreWorks Silicon Valley
500 Castro Street, Mountain View, California 94041
THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY
Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts
500 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041
Book by Marsha Norman
Music and Lyrics by Jason Robert Brown
Based on the novel by Robert James Waller
Directed by Robert Kelley
This sweeping musical romance about the roads we travel and the bridges we dare to cross recalls the unexpected affair of a devoted Italian-born housewife and a roving National Geographic
photographer —four sensual, heart-stirring days that would never be forgotten. Set amidst the cornfields of Iowa in 1965, it is an intimate remembrance of love both lost and found, brilliantly adapted by a Pulitzer Prize playwright and Tony Award composer from one of America’s favorite novels.
RUNNING TIME: Approximately two hours and forty minutes, including one fifteen-minute intermission.
— THE CAST
In order of appearance:
Francesca: Joan Hess*
Bud: Timothy Gulan*
Charlie/Ensemble: Martin Rojas Dietrich*
Marge/Ensemble: Maureen McVerry*
Carolyn/Ensemble: Jessia Hoffman
Michael/Ensemble: Matt Herrero
Robert: Rob Richardson*
Marian/State Fair Singer/Waitress/Ensemble: Courtney Stokes*
Radio Singer/Chiara/Ginny/Ensemble: Christine Capsuto*
Stable Boy/Paolo/Young Husband/Ensemble: Sean Fenton*
*Member of Actors' Equity Association, the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States
— DATES OF NOTE
General Admission Previews:
Wednesday, April 4 at 8pm
Thursday, April 5 at 8pm
Friday, April 6 at 8pm
Saturday, April 7 at 8pm
Wednesday, April 11 at 7:30pm
Wednesday, April 18 at 7:30pm
Wednesday, April 25 at 7:30pm
Thirsty Thursday (free drinks and snacks pre-show):
Thursday, April 12 at 8pm
Open Captioning for the Hearing Impaired:
Sunday, April 22 at 2pm
Sunday, April 22 at 7pm
Wednesday, April 25 at 2pm
Visual Voice for the Visually Impaired:
Friday, April 27 at 8pm
Saturday, April 28 at 8pm
Sunday, April 29 at 2pm
• Children 5 and under are not permitted in the theatre. Persons 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Every person, regardless of age, must have a ticket.
• Single ticket purchases are non-refundable, but are exchangeable for a $15 per ticket fee. Some restrictions apply.
• Latecomers will not be seated until appropriate intervals, and may not be seated in their exact seat locations until intermission.
• There is no smoking in the theatres or lobbies. Cameras and recording devices of any kind are strictly prohibited. Neither food nor drink is permitted in the theatres. Please ensure that all electronic devices are set to the «off» position while you are in the theatre.
• Schedules, shows, casts, and ticket prices are subject to change.