** Register on Eventbrite here: bit.ly/drone43 **
RobotX Meetup No.43
Why there is so much more to this than you think!
· DJI is the Apple of the drone market.
· DJI is the market leader in easy-to-fly drones and aerial photography systems, accounting for 70% of the global consumer drone market.
· New DJI drones are released regularly and are filled with fun technology. @Spark
· DJI is trying to enter lucrative markets — inspection, agriculture, public safety, construction and the movie industry.
· Many DJI platforms are used in academic research; like the Snotbot (it involves a drone, a whale and, well, snot…)
· DJI’s drones have SDK access; any software developer can create an app that runs on a Phantom, Mavic, Inspire or Matric.
· DJI drones have already saved many lives; during search and rescue and fire operations.
· Even Astronauts have fun flying drones — and both NASA and ESA have plans to utilize drones even more.
About the Speaker
Who is Romeo Durscher?
Romeo Durscher is not only the Director of Education at DJI, the world’s largest manufacturer of consumer and commercial drones, but he is an avid storyteller, aerial photographer, and videographer.
Meetup with Romeo Durscher and DJI
During this Meetup Romeo will introduce the concept of DJI, headquartered in Shenzhen, China operating globally, and its impressive, fun, creative and mind-changing aerial platforms.
· How drones are being used for creative projects.
· How commercial companies are using drones for inspection, construction, agriculture.
· How first responders are utilizing the tech to save lives and properties.
· How software developers are creating apps that run on DJI drones.
Oh, and hear how it was to fly a drone in Son Doong, the world’s largest cave in central Vietnam and what it took to create a live TV broadcast for ABC Good Morning America.
6:00～6:30 PM Registration, Food & Drinks
6:30～8:00 PM Keynote
8:00～8:30 PM Q&A
8:30～9:00 PM After Event Networking
More information: robotxspace.com or questions may be directed to email at [email protected]