Labor Day Match Play Doubles Handicap 8 Gamer Tournament Format
1. All bowlers will bowl one game on their assigned pair of lanes against two doubles teams; then move according to the schedule on their recap sheet to bowl against additional teams.
2. Doubles teams will receive 50 bonus pins for each match won and 30 bonus pins for taking second place on the pair. In the event of a tie, the points are split between the two teams. The champion of this tournament will be determined by the teams eight game total with handicap and bonus pins added.
3. All bowlers will enter with their highest verifiable average of 21 games or more from the 2016-2017 Winter season or the highest 2016-2017 composite average of 21 games or more, whichever is higher. If their previous verifiable league average of 21 games or more is five pins or more above their 2016-2017 average, the bowler will use their previous average less five pins. Bowlers without a 2016-2017 verifiable average will enter with their highest verifiable 2015-2016 or Summer 2017 average of 21 games or more, whichever is higher. This average cannot be more than 5 pins lower than the bowler’s previous average of 21 games or more. Minimum entering average is 120 for women and 140 for men; bowlers with a lower entering average as stated above will use minimum average. All others will bowl scratch. Bowlers from outside of Cloverleaf Family Bowl leagues must bring proof of average.
4. This event will have one division only.
5. Handicap: All bowlers will be handicapped 90% of 220.
6. The cost of this event is $70.00 each. All entries paid by September 3rd will each receive a $5.00 discount.
7. An optional handicapped singles game and series side-pot will be collected at a cost of $20.00. The highest
game with handicap will be paid for each of the eight games as well as the high handicapped singles. An optional singles scratch game and series side pot will also be collected at a cost of $20.00. The high scratch game each game will be paid as well as the high scratch series.
8. The prize fund will be returned 100% on a 1:5 ratio.
9. The tournament coordinator reserves the right to re-rate, disqualify or reject any entry. Any and all decisions made by the tournament director are final.
10. For more information, please contact Craig Pearsall or Michelle Bierman at
Cloverleaf Family Bowl
40645 Fremont Blvd. Fremont, Ca 94538 Phone (510) 656-4411
E-Mail: [email protected]